As I was arriving at the store in Sydney, I saw this stylish guy outside wearing the most amazing black suit. I thought straight away, this will be my next post “Outside Prada”
I always wanted to photograph some guy in a impeccable black slim fit suit and show the importance of having such a versatile piece in a male’s wardrobe. Similar to a lady having their LBD.
Here are some great tips for you to find your perfect Black Suit:
- Make sure you know your exact size – if you are not sure ask for help
- A single breasted suit is recommended.
- 100% wool – you can wear it year round.
- 1 buttons or 2 buttons will look more stylish and versatile.
- For the perfect lapel go for a classic like this.
- Single or double jacket vent.
- Flat front pants are best.
- Tailored pants. A baggy pant really isn’t flattering for anyone.
- No cuffs on the pants (unless you are over 70)
- Check the fit and if necessary take it to a tailor.
“never do the bottom button up” – it’s wrong and it hurts my eyes.
I hope these tips helped you and for all those ladies out there, tell your partners.
Ps.. My credit card took a beating that day as well …. Oops!